Monday, July 13, 2009

An year, summarized..

In the last almost an year of my refraining from blogging many of my reader fans had questioned the abstention and I turned them away feigning to be a busy person having better things to do. But the fact that had curbed my blogging practice was that I forgot my password!! I am sure my fans wouldn't believe, but that's the truth.

In the last so many months many things happened. Work brought me to the United States of America again, this time too in short notice, triggering a chaos and sudden wrap up of my Pune establishment. I had to sell my furniture and appliances in less than three weeks. I was not sure if this was possible in that short a time and was concerned. Fortunately, there is this company called Infosys, which recruits freshers and underpays them, but makes them believe that they are superior to the rest of the people whom they share the world with just because they are Infoscions. I could find some of these Infoscion snobs at the right time, who thought that they should not bargain - in fact that they should pay some extra bucks than what asked - and I could sell all my things to them in three days at the price I quoted! I am sure they don't need most of the things they bought.

I couldn't sell my car, since I had a loan on it and it demanded official procedures potential enough to consume twenty plus days to strip off it before I can find another Infoscion ready to pay more than what I bought it for. On top of that the staggering passion I had for driving made me decide that I would drive the two thousand and something kilometers to my native state and would leave my car there. Now that I am married, I had to get permission from my pregnant wife, who agreed, but insisted that she would also travel with me. That made things more complicated since now, I had to get permission from the doctor too, but fortunately the doctor was not as insane as other people who would not shut their mouth for hours together on hearing something like this. She was okay with my wife taking the trip, unless it was in an auto rickshaw. Since the doctor gave me permission and more importantly some other people said I should not do that, I decided that I will do that. Thus we set off in the car loaded with stuff which made it look like a truck. After two and a half days of driving, which turned out be the best road trip I had in my life so far, we reached home in one piece with a week to the United States.

We came into zero degrees in the USofA in November last year, to the same place where I had been in the year before. With the two weeks of financial and non-financial support from my organization, I could resist the many advisers here who would tell you shouldn't walk the roads or eat the food in America, and settle down pretty fast which the advisers think is record fast for a person to build a settlement here. I think the advisers and their view points would be an interesting subject for another article, so I leave it here without further comments..

Oh, ya, couldn't help mentioning this one. Since I was going to have the baby and nobody would come over from India to help - something for which the Americans envy us Indians for - the advisers try to scare the shit out of me, attempting to picture the baby before me like a monster who is coming to teach me a lesson for all the sins that I committed in life ! True that I did not know how a baby is like to be with 24/7, but if I was to get scared of by any advisers, then I wouldn't have gone for the baby. Also I had the option of leaving my wife behind in India to deliver - which I wouldn't do. Both mine and my wife's parents were ready to come over, but I told them that they can come later on a vacation, because this time we won't have time for them as we will be busy taking care of the baby!

And we had the baby. She is the most wonderful baby I have seen - I have not seen many, so up close and personal. She did not eat us, as the advisers had predicted. My wife and I did not have any change in our life at all other than having a third person to stay with us - a very cooperative, adorable and sweet person. Life goes on with her, its so much fun to induct a person into the world, I had been enjoying it all the time, whether it is introducing her for the first time alien things like diaper or clothes, or getting a passport and travel records for her. Though I have never asked her explicitly, my wife also seems to enjoy the whole thing. She often keep singing nursery rhymes and cooks delicious food without a printed recipe. She is in the process of shifting her driving skills to the left side, so that she can drive in the US. I should admit that I am scared to be in the passenger seat with her, most of it would come out as scoldings. But Nikita - that's my little one's name - seems to enjoy it. I don't mind, as it would inspire my wife to complete her driving license tests. Then I can get drunk anywhere since I have her to drive me back home!

So people, that was the summary of my last one year without the password. Now that I found it, I would come back often with posts. Now we are going out to wal-mart to checkout what China has exported last week. See you later..

2 comments:

Unknown said...

welcome back to blogging...its amazing how u organize ur thoughts in such a humourous way. very nice and funny blog. keep it up and store ur password in a safe place, so that we dont starve from some good laughs.

Ranjit said...

Amazing post.Its high time that you started writing a book and create history..............