I get up every morning, warm up, do some exercise, eat a healthy breakfast and get ready. For what? You might think office. Of course it is, but its not time to think about office yet. This time I am getting ready for a war. I have to fight and win this war to reach office every day. It is the road war.
Everybody who drives to office in prime time would agree with me, unless his office is in some godforsaken place. Once your vehicle rolls out of the comfortable inner lanes of your housing society, the war begins. You need to fight for space on the road. You cross the gate and find an array of vehicles. I might enjoy playing with an array of integers, but this one is far too irritating. One should have a knack to push your vehicle into the slightest gap between two elements of this array. There may be an occasional outpour of disgusting language from within one of the elements, which you should learn to ignore, or may be a roll of cotton in your ears can help. Then at every turn or junction the story repeats as if it is a recursive method. You move slowly behind the vehicle in front, always awaiting irrational drivers who hate being behind in the line to bring in their vehicle around yours through both the sides, or as one can never expect, may be over you as if in a circus. A couple of them may try to intrude into the line before you, which you will never allow, thereby creating chaos or probably another exchange of abusive language. After following the line for a while, you too get frustrated and get into the slightest gap available, be it on the left, right or in the wort case, top. All these happenings does not seem to affect one in the non-driving seat as I feel that my wife enjoys seeing the pile of vehicles. She would usually hum a song or read a recipe and tell me about it, thereby driving me insane. By hook or crook you reach the locality where your office is, and this is the time you start thinking about office.
Last weekend I had discussed with some friends of mine who also drive during prime time. I was least surprised to find that they had weapons like knives or hockey sticks hidden inside their vehicles. I think these are more required for driving in this city, rather than a driver's license. In the last two years, nobody has demanded to show my driver's license, but I have faced at least a dozen situations where I wished I had a hockey stick.
Why is this condition? Obviously because of the increase in population and lack of proper infrastructure. After being through all these traffic woes and after analyzing the development plans as announced by the government, I think whoever made this plans are nuts! In another five years there may arise ten more over bridges across the city, which would only help to take the road war to a certain height. By that time Tata's Nano will fill up the existing blanks on the road.
You would think that if I am concerned I should get out and do something about it. Of course I know how to tackle the situation, but I won' tell that here. If the public feel that they need to do something in this choking situation, let them come to me.
I can teach them how to win the Road War !!!
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
If things go at this pace the day will not be far away when we see the hockey sticks and knives in full action on the road and going to the office will not be a daily affair due to Medical Reasons.................
Post a Comment